Raymond Wolters received a B.A. degree from Stanford (1960) and a Ph.D. from California, Berkeley (1967). He joined the Delaware faculty in 1965 and retired in 2014.
- The Long Crusade: Profiles in Education Reform 1967-2014, (Washington Summit Publishers, 2015).
- Race and Education, 1954-2007, (University of Missouri Press, 2008).
- Du Bois and His Rivals, (University of Missouri Press, 2002).
- Right Turn: William Bradford Reynolds, the Reagan Administration, and Black Civil Rights, (Transaction Publishers, 1996).
- The Burden of Brown: Thirty Years of School Desegregation, (University of Tennessee Press, 1984).
- The New Negro on Campus: Black College Rebellions of the 1920s, (Princeton University Press, 1975).
- Negroes and the Great Depression; The Problem of Economic Recovery, (Greenwood Pub. Corp, 1970).